Thursday 4 October 2012

Photoshop + Illustrator 'Shape' Tutorial


  • First I used Adobe Illustrator's pen tool to create a line.
  • Then I duplicated the line, and flipped it to create a shape.
  • I then imported the shape into photoshop and duplicated it 4 times, rotating each version of the shape 90 degrees to form a cross.
  • Then, I added a noise background and altered some layer's blending modes to help create my own texture.
  • Next, I created a mask and added several colours to each shape using the brush tool.
  • I then selected the mask whilst on a different layer and deleted the selection - leaving just the colour on each shape.
  • Next, I created a colour-spectrum tone background by using several large brushes of various colours. I changed the blending mode to overlay so it blended into the 'noise background' - creating a nice 'rainbow' gradient texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment